CUPCAKE – Another cupcake recipe?? I love making cupcakes because they are really easy to distribute! I can just carry my giant plastic container around and give them to anyone I see (or anyone who wants a cupcake la).
NUTELLA – World Nutella Day is coming soon (5th February) so I decided to choose a simple Nutella dessert recipe! I mean who doesn’t like Nutella right? It’s what we grew up with – Nutella on bread, crackers and of course fingers! Even the most health-conscious person would find a little dollop of Nutella harmless…
This recipe is for Self-frosting Nutella Cupcakes, because the Nutella is marbled on top of the cupcakes and then baked, so it’s a 2-in-1 recipe which takes much less time! I baked these in about an hour, early in the morning when I was still really blur, so I’m sure you can do it much faster 😀
So here’s the recipe…
This recipe makes about 12 cupcakes
SELF-FROSTING NUTELLA CUPCAKES
10 tablespoons butter (or 5/8 cup or 140 grams) butter, softened
1/2 cup white sugar (original amount was 3/4 cup but I cut it down)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1-3/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon baking powder
Nutella, approximately 1/3 cup
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius. Line 12 muffin tins with paper liners.
2. Cream together butter and sugar until light, about 2 minutes.
3. Add in eggs one at a time until fully incorporated. Remember to scrape down the sides of the bowl with each addition. (Don’t worry if the batter doesn’t look smooth, it’ll turn out alright later on!) Add vanilla. Stir in flour, salt and baking powder until batter is uniform and no flour remains.
4. Fill each cupcake case with batter, about 3/4 full. Top each cake with 1 heaped teaspoon of Nutella. Swirl Nutella in with a toothpick, making sure to fold a bit of batter up over the Nutella. (I find it easier to make circular motions starting from the bottom of the case and up to the top, so as to fold the batter over the Nutella)
5. Bake for 20-23 minutes, until the tops of the cupcakes are slightly browned, and a toothpick inserted into the part without Nutella comes out clean. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
The cupcakes were a great success, the right consistency that goes well with the sticky gooey Nutella! Everyone wanted the cupcakes with the most Nutella on top, further supporting my above hypothesis… Nothing can go wrong with Nutella